Saturday 31 May 2014

Speeches


We have just finished our speeches. Everyone in room 7 did an awesome job. They gave great messages and used interesting stories to tell their messages. There was lots of learning around hooking people in, engaging the audience and speaking in a way that keeps people interested. Well done guys, I was proud of how you all presented them. The above video are some snippets of Room 7's finalists presenting at the school speeches. They were awesome and gave important messages clearly and in a way that everyone understood. Well done guys.  Their placings were:
Year 8: 1st Taylor, 2nd Finn, 3rd Graham.
Year 7: 1st Bradley, 2nd Ellen, 3rd Logan
The top boy and girl from each age group will now go on to the Lower Waipa competition.

1 comment:

  1. I was really happy with my result in speeches! It was nerve racking at Lower Waipa but once I was up, it wasn't that hard! I was so stoked to get 2nd Overall! I have learn't a lot about speaking and writing speeches and I think this year I you would see the improvement since my very first speech!

    -Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete