Wednesday 6 May 2015

The house full of secrets

As part of learning about personification and editing we have been doing some collaborative writing. The students wrote a section in pairs, then in groups of four they combined pieces together. Then a group of students edited the pieces so they would flow together. Excellent work guys, you can be proud. 

Well done Ellen, your title was selected as the best one for our writing.

As I walked through the lush green grass I saw the old house standing all alone on top of a hill. An elegant oak stood tall and quiet, swallowing part of the house. The scene around me was airy and silent. So quiet, I could hear the earth breathing. My emotions ran away on me and I started to feel sad as I trudged on towards the house.

When I arrived at the house I took a detour to the lonely tree. The monstrous drunken branches of the ragged tree drooped to the ground as if asleep. I started to make my way towards the house. I glanced back at the old leafy tree. I wondered what it had been through, what it had seen.

As I looked up at the old broken gate it towered over me. I opened the gate and it fell off its rotten hinges.

I stumbled past the rustic windows that looked like they had been abandoned for decades. It was like the house was alive and was peering through her smashed glasses. Ivy dressed her cracked body. A bad feeling began to rush through my spine.

Then I noticed the old, rusty door and wondered what it would lead me to if I opened it. I opened the creaky door and she screamed in agony as she swung open on her hinges. Brittle timber carelessly dropped to the ground as she took her last gasp of air.

I crept into the room. My eyes squinted from the broken light. A chair stood in the corner of the crumbling room. A shiver ran down my spine. The smell was musty and looked like someone had perished in that room. I then turned and walked away leaving the house’s secrets for ever.

17 comments:

  1. The hawnted house

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old abandoned house

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bush house

    ReplyDelete
  4. the houses secrets

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house full of secrets

    ReplyDelete
  6. Secrets of the house

    ReplyDelete
  7. Willow Cottage?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The elegant oak?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Lonely House Of Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  10. The elegant oak?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Broken Timber?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Left Secrets?
    Forgotten Secrets?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Left Secrets?
    Forgotten Secrets?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully descriptive, you have some great imagery in there. Well done to all who contributed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully descriptive, you have some great imagery in there. Well done to all who contributed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully descriptive, you have some great imagery in there. Well done to all who contributed.

    ReplyDelete