Saturday 19 September 2015

Talented writers

We have lots of talented writers in room 7. We did some more creative writing this last week and here are a few excerpts from some of them.

The cold, still war hospital was silent. Not a sound filled the room. Pain filled my throat like broken glass. The red spots kept creeping up my body. They gradually filled my face. I looked down to see half my leg had turned purple from the wound. I felt myself breathing heavily trying to keep myself alive. I heard the squeak of the metal trolley scrape against the cold floor. The metal spoon touched my lips cold. But the sweetness trickled down my throat like honey and cleared the broken glass quickly. Laura Tosse

This thing had yellow skin, green blood, red eyes, and fangs two inches long! It collapsed with the gleaming twelve inch machete still embedded in his or her scaly back. Then it slowly started to crawl away, it’s menacing red eyes piercing the darkness as it faded into the shadows, still clutching its latest victim. Thomas Edger

It was the middle of the night. An uneasy darkness filled the room. All was quiet apart from the soft snores from patients down below. I looked down at my mattress to see an intense yellow pool circling my waist. The smell of urine filled my nostrils. I needed to wash myself and the sheets before everyone woke up. I tried to sit up but pain surged through my body. I lifted my sheets to see an awkward tangle of legs and toes. My emotions quickly turned from depression to anger. I was stuck here in a hospital bed not able to move, lying in my own pee. "I can't do this anymore," I thought to myself, "I have to get our of here." Logan Burgess

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant writing people. I have to say, Logans was the best.

    ReplyDelete