Thursday 3 March 2016

More inspiring writing

We have been doing more writing with a focus on adding detail and descriptive language to create a clear picture in the readers heads.

The students have done some awesome descriptive writing in pairs. They write their own piece and then combined theirs with someone elses. This was a great exercise in sharing and negotiating ideas, playing with words, and constructing some powerful writing. Here are a few sentences I pulled out. Many of the will post the full pieces on their blogs so keep an eye out.

The crooked old bridge moaned under the weight of the Dark Lord's black stallion. (Lola and Ieuan)

I heard the rushing water as it fell off the mountains and into the mist. (Declan and Connor)

It invaded us and the bridge, surrounding us, cloaking us in fear.  (Bonnie and Finn)

Every step the horse took the more the boards creaked and the more my heart thumped. (Hayze and Cameron)

Fear surged through my body. The icy cold wind whistled though my ears. (Joseph and Dylan K)

I let out a shrill scream of fear but my cries were lost in the forest. (Madeline and Stephanie)


No comments:

Post a Comment