Friday 17 June 2016

Some more stunning writing

Here are a couple more pieces of stunning writing from our authors. These are from Nicholas and Ieuan.

The Wait - Nicholas

The only sound was that of my heart softly beating inside my frozen chest. Our coats were blanketed in thick layers of pearly white snow. Creaking pine trees frowned down at us with thick clumps of white hair upon their frosted heads. Our fingers, stiffened by the icy winds that swept around us, painfully reached at the triggers of our silent guns. Snow fell softly around our still, black figures slowly stiffening our cramped and aching muscles. There was no sound, except that of our ragged breathing that sent plumes of steam into the frosty air.
My strained and tired eyes swept across the deathly still terrain that imprisoned us. We were all still thinking the same thing, They must be out there, somewhere beyond this frozen landscape. I knew that the ice with it's frozen piercing teeth was slowly sucking the life out of me.

Behind me I could hear the quiet muttering of my friends.Then in the distance I heard gun fire and shouting which shattered the stillness.

I smiled grimly.

The wait was over.

The Wait - Ieuan
...
“Its them” I whisper. "The Russians." I catch a glimpse of a green over coat as rifles dart through the trees.
Still I do not move. Then Hans spun around and sent a round through the trees. I hear shouts and the splintering of wood and then I see the 50 Russians coming at us. Bringing round my gun I send barrage after barrage cutting them down left right and center. I catch a bullet in my arm and fall back hard. Hans grabs my gun and fires them both simultaneously. But it isn’t enough. He is hit first in the neck and then square in the head he falls back dead as a door nail. I roar springing up. And my flesh is mutilated by bullets. I fall back and think “Hans, Fritz the wait is over."  

No comments:

Post a Comment